- BA in Music, piano and voice GMU 2001
- Over 20 years experience
- Member of professional organization: NVMTA, MTNA, and VMTA
- Post graduate studies at UNC Greensboro in piano literature
- Harpsichord & realization studies at the Peabody Conservatory
- Regional finalist Bland Competition
- Award of Distinction in theory, transposing, and sight reading from Minnesota Collegiate Teacher Association
Born at Grand Forks Air Force Base, I started my piano studies at the age of five. My teacher concentrated on theoretical studies and I earned an award of distinction at a young age. I started accompanying school ensembles in middle school and have continued ever since. In college, I studied piano with Dale Anthony with an emphasis on accompanying skills. In my pedagogy studies I discovered an interest in early education and developmental psychology. I started studying voice and eventually had a double concentration in voice and piano. I began working as a church musician in college and found an outlet for my piano and vocal skills. I continue to expand my skills by learning different genres and styles.